Sol y Luna - Valle Sagrado - Urubamba
PERU : HOTELS & VILLAS - SOUTH AMERICA
SOL Y LUNA
URUBAMBA/CUSCO – PERU
Home to Andean civilization for more than 500 years, the Sacred Valley is also a veritable treasure trove of historic sites including Machu Picchu and vibrant, thriving cultural traditions.
Cycle along Andean terraces, kayak under snow-capped peaks, and trek the ancient mountain pathways of the Incas.
Discover remote villages, colonial churches, and mysterious heritage sites on horseback or by quad bike.
A short distance from Machu Picchu, Sol y Luna is nested on the heart of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, in Urubamba 60 kilometers away from Cusco City.
All hotel profits go to Sol y Luna association / intercultural school
Harmony of the eclectic architecture with the surrounding nature
Proximity to archaeological sites as Machu Picchu, Ollantay Tambo, Pisac, Moray, among others
A garden full of flowers the whole year, home to more than 35 species of local birds
Relais & Chateaux
Beautifully appointed accommodations
Member of Relais & Cahteaux
Ideal for families, honeymoons, couples, adventure, wellness, dining
SOL Y LUNA
Extension and availability
Room Service, Complimentary WIFI, Laundry Service
Porch, Lounge area, Private terraces, Minibar, Fireplace, Safe box
The collection of sheet sets is made with 100% high-count Peruvian Pyma cotton, Goose down duvets and pillows,
BOSE surround sound system with iPod, Marble bathroom, double vanity, and amenities L’occitane
Bathrobe and slippers made on the finest cotton, LCD TV with satellite channels, Heated floors, Walk-in closet
Food & Beverage
KILLA WASI Restaurant, WAYRA Restaurant, Wine Cellar, Chef's Table
Yacu Wasi Spa
Facial treatments, body treatments, massages, workout room, saunas and Jacuzzi, pedicure/manicure, yoga, Body Training, heated swimming pool
- Outdoor activities: tandem paragliding flights, kayaking on the lagoons, mountain bikes, ATV tours, Peruvian Paso horseback riding, hikes
- Cultural animations: Theater presentations; Cabaret of the contemporary circus; exhibition of Peruvian Paso horses; traditional textile demonstration, pottery workshop
- Gastronomic experiences: Cooking classes, Demonstration of Peruvian cuisine, visits to the farms and local markets; pizza night, chef table service
- Wine cellar, wine pairing menus, tasting
43 accommodations including:
28 Superior Casitas (646 sq. ft.)
10 Deluxe Casitas (1,173 sq. ft.)
5 Premium Casitas (1,291 sq. ft.)
Each handcrafted object within these private domains relates to the spirited people, magnificent places, and rich history of the Sacred Valley
- DELUXE CASITA - Legendary panoramas of the Sacred Valley inspire these stone and terra cotta houses, where wood-burning fireplaces enhance both the elegant living room and generous bedroom, finished with a vibrant mural reflecting our extraordinary surroundings.
- PREMIUM CASITA - On the private garden terrace, a Jacuzzi poised towards the soaring Andean peaks. Inside under vaulted ceilings, a wide entrance hall separates the inviting living room on one side, the graceful master bedroom on the other.
- SUPERIOR CASITA - Extraordinary vistas in every direction, best enjoyed on the private terrace of each of these circular houses, are matched within by our favorite Peruvian folk art.